As of today, and after a thorough examination, kik ACTIV has been re-authorised in accordance with the new Biocidal Product Regulation (BPR) by the Swiss Federal Office of Public Health. kik ACTIV will continue to protect you reliably from mosquitoes – with many advantages compared with other mosquito repellents.
In order to meet the requirements of the new Directive on Biocidal Products, all insecticide manufacturers in the EU and Switzerland have to check their products for safety, stability and effectiveness according to the latest scientific knowledge. This checking process was started in 2012 as part of an EU programme and will be finished towards the end of 2019.
kik ACTIV is one of the first products in Switzerland to obtain its authorisation in accordance with the new Directive on Biocidal Products:
- kik ACTIV’s protective action is based upon the agent N,N-diethyl-m-toluamide, better known as DEET. kik ACTIV contains 20% DEET.
- The spray can be used for children from the age of 2, and can be applied twice daily on adults and children over 12.
- If used correctly, kik ACTIV offers an average of 5 hours of protection against mosquito bites. It may remain effective for up to 8 hours.
- The Spray will still spray when its head is held upright; this has been a popular benefit of the product for many years compared with other mosquito sprays.
- kik ACTIV has been tested by the Swiss Tropical an Public Health Institute – including against tiger mosquitos!
- kik ACTIV has been tested dermatologically by the DermaTest Institute in Münster (Germany) and was awarded a “very good” result.
kik has been the leading brand for protection against mosquitoes and ticks in the Swiss retail market for many years. The brand and the product were both originally developed and introduced to the market by a leading Swiss pharmaceuticals company in the 1940s – and kik ACTIV continues to be manufactured in Switzerland to this day.
Go to www.kik.swiss to find out about the whole range offered by kik, including insecticides based on natural products and products that ease the itch of an insect bite.
Biocides must be used safely. Always read the label and product information details before use.